Visiting the Optician can be a stressful experience, due to:
– Time constraints of appointment
– Finding parking close by
– Ease of access to the practice. Sometimes there are steps and heavy doors.
– Accessing the equipment – getting in and out of the testing chair, using the slit lamp\pressure machine where you have to put your chin on a chin rest. This may be difficult and/or time consuming.
– Patients become very conscious that they are “taking up a lot of time” – and therefore, will not always tell the optician about all the issues that they might be experiencing.
– Choosing frames – displays are designed for mobile and standing individuals.
Benefits for Home Visit:
– Comfort of the patient’s own home, gives us a less anxious individual, better test results, time to choose frames and also full delivery and aftercare service – eg nose pad or adjustment after you have fallen asleep with the glasses on – all done in the comfort of your own home.