Description of the eye examination
The client’s home is easily transformed into a consulting room, allowing our visiting Optometrist to perform a full and comprehensive eye test at home.
We carry out thorough eye health checks on all clients, including spectacle prescription, screening for Glaucoma, Cataract, Macula Degeneration, as well as systematic disorders such as Diabetes and blood pressure.
Our service includes:
- Conducting thorough and professional Eye examinations, free of charge for those residents over 60’s or for those receiving Income Support.
- Providing a locally based so we can offer prompt and responsive service for eye testing
- We are registered with The General Optical Council (GOC) & The Association of Optometrists (AOP).
- We work closely with local GPs and eye clinics to provide direct referral schemes for Cataracts and Macular Degeneration, in areas where this is possible.
- Community Care Opticians uses latest optical equipment, allowing us to perform eye examinations to the same standard as you would expect in a high street practice.
- Community Care Opticians is also able to provide eye examinations with those clients who have limited communication. Our equipment to examine the health of the eye does not require patient to communicate with the Optometrist and an accurate prescription can still be obtained.
Why Choose Us
In order for you to receive a personal and professional service, we aim to:
- Conduct thorough and professional eye examinations to the same standard as you would expect in a high street practice.
- Carry out the examination with the latest optical equipment in the comfort of your own home.
- Provide examinations carried out by an Optometrist registered with the British College of Optometrists.
- Provide a prompt and responsive locally based service.
- Work closely with local GPs and eye clinics. We are committed to working within a community framework where possible.
- Offer an extensive range of very competitively priced frames and lens.
- Encourage clients to use their own frames where possible.
- Provide a spectacle labelling service.
- Providing training to carers on how they can maximise quality of sight and an explanation of common eye diseases.
This enables us to offer a better all round service to our clients.