0203 418 8488   seeme@ccchealth.co.uk

One of the most difficult decisions we have to make as our relatives age is to find the right residential or day care setting that will suit their needs.   Whether they just need a little bit of support or full blown nursing care there is somewhere suitable for them.

Perhaps you just need a few hours respite every now and then and would like them to go to a day care unit or maybe they need to move into permanent residential care?  Here we explain what the different facilities are so you can see what would suit your loved one.

Day Care

A day care unit offers a friendly and safe environment for people who are living at home but might require some support and supervision during the day.  Some day care facilities offer places for people with dementia and the activities will be tailored to them.  Others are aimed at the elderly and infirm and they often provide a range of social activities and events such as singing, exercise, crafts etc.

Respite and Convalescent Care

Sometimes you just need a break or perhaps you want to go on holiday.  Respite care offers short term care for anything from a few hours to a few weeks.  It is also great for those recovering from a hospital stay and will allow them time to recuperate before going home again.

Assisted Living

Assisted living is ideal for people who want to keep their independence but need help with day-to-day activities and prefer to have someone close by in case of any issues.  Depending on the assisted living accommodation help can usually be given with taking medication, dressing and bathing if required.

Residential Care Home

Residential care homes provide a safe, friendly and caring environment for those who need a little more help and cannot stay in their own home any longer.  The residents get full support with washing, cleaning and laundry and have help with medication and everyday tasks.  A residential care home is a good idea if your relative is lonely as they often provide a good range of social activities and trips out and they have other residents to talk to and make friends with.

Nursing Care

Nursing care can be given in residential care homes or other specialised environments depending on the severity of the illness or condition.  Those with Dementia, Parkinson’s Disease, Motor Neurone Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and brain injuries can be looked after with dignity by qualified nursing staff.

Once you have decided what type of care your relative requires you can look for the right accommodation.  Check out reviews from past and present tenants and talk to people in the local community for recommendations.

Community Care Opticians provide FREE NHS Eye Tests at home for those who have trouble getting to the High Street on their own.  Give us a call on 0203 418 8488 or visit our website for further information.

About Jen

Leave a Reply

About Us | Audiology | Branch Finder | Care Facility Service | Contact Us | Cookies Privacy | Corporate Responsibility | Eligibility | Eye Conditions | Eye Tests | Feedback | Hearing Aids | Make a Referral | Midlands | North West | North West London | Partners | Pricing & Frame Ranges | Privacy Privacy | Scotland | Solent | South | Surrey | Useful Products | Warwickshire